Alco is the leading manufacturer of hydraulic connectors for the industrial and consumer end markets. Alco manufactures steel, aluminum and brass products, including hydraulic connectors, garden hose connectors, plumbing cartridges, natural gas fittings and quick connect devices, among others.
Alco Add-On Investments
Investment Date: August 2020
Manth-Brownell is a manufacturer of precision machined components, primarily serving the electrical connector, fluid power, industrial, appliance, safety and aerospace end markets. The company has a diverse fleet of machines, with over 100 multi-spindle screw machines and 50 CNC turning and milling machines and operates out of a single facility in Kirkville, NY.
- Geography: North America, Mexico
- Size: $1M+ of EBITDA, 10%+ gross margins, owned real estate a plus
- End markets: aerospace & defense, medical, plumbing, consumer, industrial, electrical
- Products/applications: screw machine products, specialty fasteners, clamps, struts, valves, connectors, high-grade steel fittings, private label
- Materials: stainless steel, brass, bronze, carbon steel, aluminum, titanium, specialty stainless steel alloys
- Capabilities/services: secondary processes (flats, holes, splines, worm threads, etc.), value-added assembly, CNC machine processes preferred to screw machine processes, owned IP/established product line(s) a plus
Alco Company Management
Matt joined Alco in 2019 as the Company’s CEO. Prior to joining Alco, Matt was the CEO and President of CMS North America and also Board Chairman and Managing Director of DMS in Colorado Springs, CO, which are manufacturers of custom CNC and multi-axis machinery used for bespoke applications in many industrial manufacturing markets.
Chuck joined Alco in 2020 as the Company’s CFO. Prior to joining Alco, Chuck was most recently Vice President of Finance at Busche Performance Group. Chuck holds a B.S.B.A. in Accounting from The Ohio State University and an M.B.A. from Xavier University.
Independent Board Members
Assurance and Consulting Partner
Greg is a Partner and Director of the assurance and consulting department for Gilmore Jasion Mahler, LTD. He is a member of the firm’s manufacturing & distribution and construction & real estate industry teams. He has over 25 years of public accounting experience specializing in audit, tax, business consulting, and strategic planning and spent 5 years as CFO of various private equity/family office-owned businesses with $50 – $350 million in sales.
Bill Krueger has spent 35+ years in various automotive manufacturing leadership roles at GM, Toyota and Nissan. Most recently as Chairman Jatco Americas, Nissan’s affiliated Transmission business. Bill has a B.S. in Electrical Engineering from Marquette University, an M.S. in Manufacturing Management and an M.B.A. from Northwestern University.